segunda-feira, 22 de abril de 2013

When you get sick in Hungary...

I have been in Hungary for more than 3 years now, and I feel that I'm quite acquainted with the health center points spread within Budapest and its districts.

My doctor, she's a lady! In the full meaning of this word. Her English is great and she is kind and caring. As a doctor should be: Human.

 

Not human is how this particular health points work and the hole system itself. When you arrive to the “Kozpont”, you go to the office’s door assigned to your doctor. And you should ask “who is the last person” for all the other patients waiting. Meantime loads of people come and say they were already waiting before me, but they just went to do something meanwhile. With my language barrier and what I think to be the correct concept: I wait for my turn. Waiting that the “last person” gets in. So then I know that I’m the next… but someone meanwhile will come and say “HEY! I’M THE NEXT NOT YOU!!!” – Angrily shouting as if what I’m doing is a kind of  infraction.

 

I wonder how expensive it might be using some kind of ticket machine like in the post office, to know when it is your turn and be organized within each other. I’m not even talking about hiring someone extra to do the job – gosh, we really don’t want to pay an extra salary here in Hungary.

I get very angry to know that a big chunk of my salary goes to the government. I’m talking of something like 40% of it. Are these retro ticket machines that we have in the post office so expensive?

In my country we use this kind of system when you go to some illegal place: like a wizard or fortune teller’s house - really… It’s all very secret and low profile. But talking about Public Health?

 

I wonder…

 

Still I love Budapest and Hungary – this is a constructive opinion.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário